Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sigh


Reminder..

I have been in a funk these past two days. It may be from a pretty busy, and slightly stressful I must add, kick off to my week, but I can't put my finger on what it is.

Last night I attended a memorial service for a close family friend. It was one of the best ones I have ever been to, and really comforted me about his passing. Once I got home, I was exhausted and emotionally drained. But it wasn't a bad feeling, it was a cleansing feeling. I was able to cry and be around others who felt the same, if not worse. It put things in perspective for me. 

Today I woke up feeling overwhelmed. At first I thought I had a bad dream or something, but I couldn't shake off the feeling. Then it hit me: My room was a complete MESS! 
I have been avoiding completely cleaning my room for months. I haven't been able to use my desk since before December. Since my surgery, I have been receiving so much paper work and bills that I just let them pile up. Not to mention the amount of clothes I need to sell or donate that have been in piles on my floor. 

The bills are filed away, the clothes are in a huge H&M bag. My desk is clear and I am typing on it now. My closets are useable again. I turned down going out with my friends so I can continue cleaning up my room, because I believe it symbolizes my life. I might sound dramatic but when I am swallowed in a mess that I call my room, I don't function well. 

Don't ask me why I am sharing this story, because honestly, I don't know. But I do know that these little gems that I find on Pinterest really help keep me focused and positive. 

Karma


xo
-c

No comments:

Post a Comment