Monday, April 1, 2013

Europe Packing List: My Must Have Makeup Products!

I mentioned in my previous post {here} that I am backpacking through Europe for three weeks, so I am bringing the bare minimum. 
Obviously that includes my makeup products.

Luckily, I am not much of a beauty product girl as it is, so I really don't have a problem with packing few items. 
For those of you who are, hopefully you can use these tips so you can pack light. Remember, you are carrying around a backpack...on your back...for long periods of time. 
Also, most of these items are found at your local drugstore, so you can save some money.


1. BB Cream/Foundation
I recently purchased the Revlon Photoready BB Cream just to try it out. I thought if I didn't like it, I would return it and I could try something else. Well, I didn't get too far because I love it! I have oily skin, and I was surprised that it didn't make my skin worse. In fact, I have noticed since I have used it, my skin has improved. I'm sure there are other factors, but this stuff has not broken me out. What I love most is that it is really light coverage and also has SPF 30. Anything above 15 is a winner for me! My bottle is only 1 Fl. Oz so it is perfect for traveling! 

2. Powder
I recently made the switch from a colored powder to translucent. It really made a difference in the way that my face makeup looked. I am currently using Maybelline Mineral Power Finishing Veil, but because it is a loose powder, I will not be bringing it with me to avoid a complete mess. I am on the hunt for a good pressed powder, so please let me know if you know of any good ones that are inexpensive!

3. Concealer
I love my Mac Studio Finish Concealer. I have had the same one for over a year, and have not used it all up. It will be a sad day when I do, but I know I will purchase a new one right away since it lasts so long. Because it is a cream concealer, I don't have to worry about traveling and it spilling or TSA requirements. Plus it is SPF 35. More sun protection=happy Cailee. 

4. Eyeshadow
Two words: Naked Basics. Urban Decay has done it again ladies and gentlemen! This palette has a shimmery nude, a cream nude, a pinky nude, a soft beige, a brown, and black. The amount of looks that can be achieved from this little palette is unimaginable. My day to day look requires no eyeshadow unless I am feeling fancy, but when we are out and about at night, I am going to put in some extra effort. 

5. Eyeliner
Luckily, eyeliner isn't that big. So I am going to bring three: brown, black, and black liquid. Simple as that! To avoid packing a pencil sharpener and risk the shavings spilling all over my backpack, I am most likely going to purchase the retractable kind. I currently use NYX pencil liner and love them. 

6. Mascara
This is another one that is normally somewhat small. I love Covergirl Lashblast Fusion. 
{it's the purple one} It makes my lashes look great and not clumpy. This baby will help me look more awake after spending hours on the plane and also on overnight trains. 

7. Eyebrows
I, unfortunately, have very thin and light eyebrows. Most girls feel naked without eyeliner or mascara, I feel naked without my eyebrows being colored in. I got this problem from my mom, and we both hate it. I do have a small palette that I stole from my mom quite some time ago, that is so old that the labels rubbed off, so I am not sure of the brand. But I am going to see if the brown in my Naked Basics palette will work okay, so I have one less thing to haul around. 

8. Lipstick
I am a lipstick junky. I love it. I am sacrificing makeup brushes 
{meaning I will be buying cheap little ones instead of bringing a few good ones} so I can have more room for lipsticks. I have heard rumors that people in Paris dress amazing and to dress your best, well lipstick is included under that category for me. I am going to bring a classic red, a deep red, a berry, and a vibrant pink. Unless I come up with a few more of my favorites, haha. NYX have a lot of great colors for cheap. Also Revlon Lip Butters are perfect for traveling!

*because I am bringing just the essentials, I am leaving the bronzer and highlighter at home. I don't want to spend a lot of time in front of the mirror, so they have been sacrificed.*

Well that pretty much wraps up my makeup must haves for a trip. What I am truly looking forward to is  seeing just how great my packing tips are once I come back to Europe. It's a learning experience and I want to share it. 

Keep an eye out for my third installment of the Europe Packing List series!

xo
-c

3 comments:

  1. Rimmel Stay Matte powder in translucent! :) It's like $3-4 and amaaaaazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY?! Oh that is perfect! I'm buying it tomorrow :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. Japan Packing List

    ReplyDelete