Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Europe Packing List: What I have so far!

I leave for Europe in 42 days. 
I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I am slowly getting things together so it's not as expensive. 
Every week I have checking things off my list.
The past couple of days, I have got a lot done.

Parker is really great about getting our reservations and train schedule figured out. He is a life saver in that department! I, on the other hand, excel at getting our packing together and finding places to go. So I guess we make a good team? haha.

Here is a list of what I have so far. It's not everything I need, but it's a good start!
*note: we are backpacking, so we are bringing the minimum. This list isn't for everyone*

1. Backpack
Parker and I got the same backpack, just in different colors. This is our most important purchase because it is going to be on our backs for 3 weeks. It's from REI, and you can find it here. I love this one because it is spacious, extremely functional, and so comfy. I have back problems and I don't even realize that they exist when I am wearing it. It distributes the weight perfectly. 
HONEY MUSTARD

2. Packing Cubes
I am so excited to use these babies. I got a 3 pack in the skinny size, but in pink. I am going to roll my shirts and underwear so I can fit as much as possible. Plus rolling your garments prevents wrinkles! Each cube is going to be categorized so I can just grab whatever cube I need, instead of digging through my whole entire backpack for one specific item. I get my excitement from my mom and the weird organizer addict gene we have. Buy them here.


3. Microfiber Towel
Because we are staying in hostels, we are bringing our own towel. Some places charge for towels, so to save money, we are buying our own. Plus it is going to come in handy when we are on an overnight train. It's a full body towel, which will also double as a hair towel. It dries extremely fast so you don't have to carry a wet towel in your backpack. Get yours here

4. Luggage Locks
Sadly, theft is a huge problem when it comes to traveling in Europe. I have heard so many horror stories, but if I truly listened to them, I would never leave the country. Instead, I am going to be overly cautious. I purchased these locks for the zippers of my backpack. This is mostly for when I am on a train or leave my backpack in the hostel locker. I chose the combination lock so there isn't a way to pick it. Like I said, overly cautious. But I would rather feel secure than be paranoid when I am there. Buy yours here.



5. Laundry Pack
Since we are backpacking, that means I will not be bringing my whole wardrobe. Which also means a lot of repeated outfits. Some hostels have a washer and dryer you can pay for, or you can just hand wash your smaller belongings (undies, bras, socks etc) in the sink. Lucky me, because there are ready to go packs sold on Amazon. It comes with laundry detergent, a sink stopper, and a small clothes line. How perfect is that? I could wash things at night, then hang them up in my bed area and they will be dry in the morning. Purchase it here.

6. Flip Flops
I have always had a cheap pair of flip flops for camping showers or even at the gym. I do not like the idea of my feet touching who knows what. The hostels we are staying in have public showers, so my feet are NOT going to be touching any sort of tile. Nice thing about these, you can dry them off and spray them with an antibacterial spray and throw them in your backpack. They take up very little room and are extremely handy. Get your flippy floppies here 


7. Small Day Bag
I wanted to find a cute, cheap day bag that would go with a lot of my clothes. I found this bag at Old Navy for a decent price, and the material is great for traveling. If I get something on it, I can just wipe it right off. I must admit, it is not the cutest thing in the world, but it is functional and is exactly what I need. I got this one at Old Navy here.




This is the first installment of many. These are just my latest purchases that I am really excited about. I will do another post on the toiletries and clothes I have purchased so far. Hopefully you find this helpful!

xo
-c

No comments:

Post a Comment