Friday, March 22, 2013

DIY Face Scrub

I decided to venture away from my normal face scrub and try something I found on Pinterest. 

The best part of this scrub is that it calls for two common household ingredients:
Milk and Baking Soda.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Recipe:
1 tablespoon of baking soda
1/4 cup of milk

*As with anything, before you spread this around your whole face, test it out on a small section to see if you have any reaction to it. *



1. Mix milk and baking soda together
{I didn't use all of the milk because the baking soda just sank to the bottom}. 
2. With a clean makeup sponge, dip into the mixture and apply on face section by section
3. Once face is covered, scrub lightly with fingers to prevent over scrubbing
4. After your face is scrubbed and smooth, rinse with warm water and pat dry
5. Follow up with your favorite moisturizer or oil
{I used jojoba oil}

I made sure to massage my oil in thoroughly and took some extra time to massage a little longer than usual. 
Every night I massage my face.
In my mind, it brings blood to your skin and hopefully will prevent wrinkles. 
I'm not sure if it truly works, but l I guess I will find out, right? Haha.


Hope everyone has a great weekend and let me know if you try this out!

xo
-c

No comments:

Post a Comment