Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October Favorites

Oh hey there! Remember me?

It was time to dust off my blog, for the millionth time!! Quite embarrassing. 

November is just right around the corner, and Southern California is FINALLY starting to see the hints of fall. It's one of my favorite times of year, because we get something other than sunshine. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the sun and realize how fortunate we are, but sometimes it's too much of a good thing. 

A lot has changed since I have last posted. I currently have my own apartment, halfway through my semester at school, and have changed my lifestyle...well kinda.

I have really worked on purchasing things I really need, and getting rid of the things I really don't. My mom has always said "Less is more" and boy is she right. I have donated or sold so many clothes, and it feels great! 

So my favorites for this month are basically things that I really love, and have loved for quite some time. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right? :)

1. Frank Body Scrub
For those of you who haven't heard of Frank, well he is quite the guy. Frank is a coffees scrub that is all natural, cruelty free, and smells like a cup of Joe on steroids. This little brown pouch looks like regular ground up coffee, but is infused with almond oil, orange oil, coconut oil, and more. They come in three different scents. I only have tried the original, but I am going to try the rest soon! 
I like to use Frank before I shave my legs, and also before I use my self tanner. I have keratosis on the back of my arms, and the scrub really helps keeping it tame. I also have sensitive skin on my legs, which leads me into my next favorite. 

2. Venus Sensitive Razor
I got this baby from Influenster!! If you haven't heard of Influenster, click on the link and sign up. All you need to do is perform surveys and questionnaires, and you can be sent FREE products to try out and write about. It's that simple, I promise. 
This time I was sent the Venus razor that is made for sensitive skin. I love it, need I say more?! I really struggle with ingrown hairs and razor burn from all different types of razors, even the regular Venus. But not with this guy! I alway rub my legs together like a cricket because they are so smooth. 

3. Lush Holiday Products
It wouldn't be fair to pick just one. I mean come on, I work at Lush and so you know I am obsessed. This year, they brought back some of the favorites, made room for the newbies too! The one I always recommend is Golden Wonder, which creates Mermaid Water with stars! I just used it the other night and I can't get enough. It is just too much, but in a good way. The Shower Gels are fantastic. My personal favs are Rose Jam and So White. So White is new this year, but I will go into a more in depth description in another post ;)

4. Mask of Magnaminty, Self Preserving
Surprise, surprise. Another Lush product. Well this is a newer addition. It is a newer formula of Mask of Magnaminty, just without the preservatives, or parabens. The amount of water within the product was decreased and honey was added, which is a natural preservative. I like it because it helps unclog my pores, but softens my skin. I have oily and acne prone skin, and I wouldn't say I have soft skin, so the honey really helps with the softening part. My skin has improved so much since I started using it regularly, and I will not go a bath without it.

5. Bobble Water Bottle
Yes, a water bottle is on my favorites list. But like I said earlier, I have my own apartment and we don't have filtered water. I don't like the taste of tap water, so I purchased a 32 oz Bobble water bottle. I've had two in the past, but accidentally left them both at different events and what not. So my third has been with me the longest! One filter is good for 300 refills! That is just crazy! I take it everywhere with me, and I can refill it in any sink without worrying about the chorine and other chemicals that might be in it. It also helps me increase my water intake because of how convenient it is. Happy Cailee! 

Well, I could go on forever, but I am going to keep it at five favorites for October. I did say I am living more simply right? 

Hope you all enjoyed October, and Happy Halloween!!!
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment