Sunday, June 16, 2013

Euro Trip: Germany, Part Four; Night Train to Munich

**If you haven't read Parts 1, 2, or 3, click on the numbers and check them out!**

After waiting in the cold to get on the train, Parker and I were so excited to get in our cabin with our reclining seats and go to sleep. Our excitement quickly ended when we sat down.

One positive of the night was that we had the whole cabin to ourselves. The cabin consisted of two benches with three seats each that faced each other. Naturally I got one side and Parker got the other. He was the first to recline. It went back MAYBE two inches. He asked if mine reclined more, and sure enough, mine went back the same amount. 

That's when the "I'm so tired I'm going to laugh or I'll cry" moment happened. We paid for the reclining seats and they were worse than airplane seats. But like I said, we had the whole cabin to ourselves so I used my backpack as a pillow, got out my cotton sheets, and laid across all three seats. Parker did the same, and we were nice and comfy.

But for some reason, it was so dang cold in our train!! I could not get warm for the life of me and so I started layering. I put on my windbreaker and pulled up the hood. I even put the part of my sheet that is supposed to be for a pillow around my head. I wish that I was awake/in a good enough mood to have had Parker take a picture of me because it was probably hilarious looking. But my shivering prevented me from coming up with that idea. 

I eventually fell asleep and woke up when it was somewhat light out. I sat with Parker to warm up and we watched the German country side pass by us. I, once again, have no pictures because it is/was on the camera. Lucky you, that part of the story comes in Munich. {Stay tuned.}
In all of Europe they have these beautiful HUGE fields of yellow flowers. It looked like it was out of a movie. I want to go back and stay somewhere close to them so I can run through it haha. They looked really pretty when the sun was rising.

We arrived around 8 AM and were off to drop our bags off at our hostel! 


No comments:

Post a Comment