Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!!

Today, I have to work. And I know that everyone that works in the food business is dreading this day.
But I, on the other had, enjoy working holidays. Not because I am away from my family, or specifically today, away from my dad. But because most of the people I am serving are in really good moods and it makes it more fun. 
I like serving a table that is happy because I feel like I can connect with them more and have small talk rather than just go as far as asking how they want their steak cooked. 

But anyways, I hopefully will be able to be home for dinner since I am working the day shift. 
*Fingers crossed!*

So here's to my dad! A simple man that can't really be put into words. He goes by Don, Dad, Donson, Mucati Donster, (thanks Matt for that one), Don Juan, and many more. 

I get my sense of humor from my dad. I also have his nose and big eyes. I have learned a lot from my dad like how to change my oil, check my tire pressure, and other little car maintenance stuff. I have learned that the only real make of a motorcycle is a Harley. 
{Although I have ridden on the back of many different ones, he was right. They are still my fav.}
And I have learned how to BBQ, kinda. Still need to work on that one. 

One of my favorite memories I have as a younger girl was when my dad came to watch my ballet class. He would always come to my recitals and performances, but he never really came to a class or a rehearsal. I mean come on, it was ballet. Dads just aren't into that type of thing. 
And I don't know if he was really watching because he had sunglasses on, but he was sat outside watching instead of just being there afterwards to pick me up.

Thankfully for him, a few years later I picked up softball then volleyball and he was totally into that. He went to almost all of my club volleyball practices and never said no to practicing either sport with me in the front yard when he got off from work. 
He even coached my sisters softball team a few times.

All in all, I have a pretty awesome dad. And one day out of the year shouldn't be dedicated to show how much he means to me. So thank you for everything dad! Enjoy your day. I love you :)



A few pictures I found today while I was cleaning out my room. 
He rocked the mullet. :-p


No comments:

Post a Comment